About the Directory
In the Directory you find information about all workspaces in your Projectplace account, both ongoing and archived. In order for a workspace to be visible in the Directory, the workspace administrator must have chosen to publish information to the Directory. The account administrator can activate a settings to publish all new workspaces to the Directory automatically.
If a workspace is published to the Directory, information about assignments in that workspace can turn up in team overviews where other team members, that are not a member of the workspace, can see the details for the cards.
The Directory can be used to answer questions like:
- Have we run a similar project before and what did we do then?
- Is there any ongoing workspaces similar to the one I am responsible for?
- Who was responsible for the “project X” workspace?
- What workspaces did we run with “customer X” in 2015 and who were the members?
- Are there any documented results in the “project X” workspace?
- What milestones do we usually have in a specific type of workspace?
Use the Directory
To use the directory:
- Click on the tool selector in the top navigation bar and select Directory.
- If needed, use the search bar at the top to filter the list of workspaces.
- Click on any heading (for example, Workspace) to sort the list of projects.
- Click on a workspace name to see more information about that workspace.
Use the filter to choose to see All, Ongoing, or Archived workspaces, or only workspaces that match your Search result.
Publish a Workspace to the Directory
Only workspace administrators can publish the workspace to the Directory.
To publish workspace information to the Directory:
- Navigate to a workspace you are a member of.
- In the workspace toolbar, click the Administration menu and select Publishing.
- In the Directory & My Team section, click the toggle to on position.
- Click Save.
The description mentioned in the settings dialog is edited on the workspace overview and visible in the Directory.