A blocked add-on could be a result of a proxy, firewall, anti-virus software or browser settings.
If you are working on a company network that uses a proxy, you need to add the Server Address and Port number to the add-on. This information can be obtained from your company’s IT department.
The following instructions only apply to the Projectplace for Windows add-on.
- Right-click the Projectplace for Windows icon on the taskbar (Click the Show hidden icons arrow, if the Projectplace icon is not visible).
- Click Preferences and select the tab Network
- Click the Use proxy checkbox and add the necessary information.
Proxy password changes will be indicated by a notification that there is no Internet connection. To resolve, click the notification and update the password.
The Projectplace for Windows add-on uses port 54402. The port used can be set manually by right-clicking the Projectplace for Windows icon in the taskbar. Select Preferences/Advanced and set a port number between 1024 – 66535.
When using a firewall, ensure that traffic is allowed for:
https://projectplace-local.com:<port number used> (loopback)
Microsoft Edge Browser
To enable the add-on in this browser follow these steps:
- Open your Edge browser
- In the URL field, type: about:flags
- Under Developer Settings click the checkbox for Allow localhost loopback.
Although this setting comes with the warning: This might put your device at risk; Projectplace and its add-ons are safe to use.
If you still are unable to get the add-on to work, contact Projectplace Support.
If you need an MSI file to install Projectplace for Windows, please contact Projectplace Support.