About Power BI for Projectplace
With the Planview Projectplace Power BI data sets, you can extract and visualize your Projectplace data directly in Microsoft Power BI. Use your Projectplace sign-in credentials to interactively view key statistics, find out who your most active and productive team members are, and identify at-risk cards and activities across workspaces in your Projectplace account. You can also extend the out-of-the box dashboard and reports to get insights that are most important to you.
Projectplace Power BI Data Sets
Our Projectplace Power BI datasets are specifically designed to simplify the creation of reports and align the naming of data elements to match the current naming within Projectplace.
The following datasets are available for use with Power BI for Desktop (November 2018 version or later), which is a free Microsoft application that you can install on your local computer. The Power BI for Desktop application allows you to connect to, transform, and visualize your workspace data.
Dataset for Workspace Managers
This dataset contains data for all workspaces that you own or are an administrator of:
- Activities, boards, cards, and their related data
- Workspace members and card assignments (currently primary assignees only)
- Estimated and reported time
- Custom fields on cards and activities defined in your workspaces
- Card Tags
- Multiselect custom fields (Cards/Activities)
- Archive status for workspace
Dataset for Portfolio Managers
This dataset contains data about all portfolios that you own or are a stakeholder of:
- Portfolio name
- Workspace name and related information (e.g. department, status, milestones etc.)
- Status reports (i.e. all KPI data points reported on over time for that workspace)
Dataset for Account Owners and Administrators
This dataset contains data related to people and workspaces in the account:
- Information about People in the account (e.g. name, email, date they joined the account, role etc.)
- Information about Workspaces in the account (e.g. name, head admin, date of creation, members count, last activity date etc.)
- Link between People and workspaces and what role the user has in a specific workspace
Connect to a Data Set in Power BI for Desktop
To use a Projectplace dataset in Power BI for Desktop:
- Download Power BI for Desktop.
- Open Power BI for Desktop after the download has completed and select 'Get Data' and then search for "Projectplace" and pick "Projectplace for Power BI (Beta)" from the result
- The OData URL to use for Workspace data is https://odata3.projectplace.com/pm
- The OData URL to use for Portfolio data is https://odata3.projectplace.com/portfolio
- The OData URL to use for Account data is https://odata3.projectplace.com/am
- Login to Projectplace.
- When prompted, allow Power BI to access your Projectplace information.
- Select what data to download from the available listed tables.
- Wait while the system loads the data. The activation process for Power BI is completed after the data has been loaded.
To help you get started, we've created a template that contains the basic relationships between the data set tables and some example graphs. Use the Get Started information to learn how to access your data with this template. Download the template file here.