The following are the known issues in the Financial Summary (Beta) feature.
If you update a financial entry for a summary that uses Forecasts and Actuals for leaf items, the updated value will not appear in the summary until you refresh
April 2021 release
In Organization/Finances/Financial Summary Components/General, changing the Display Name of a data stream does not propagate to the corresponding labels in the New Field modal.
In order to view the Organization/Finances/Financial Summary Components section, in addition to having View > Organization Financial Summary permission, the user must also have View > Organization/ Financial Settings permission.
If the financial admin removes a data stream from Organization/Finances/Financial Summary Components and then directly navigates to a project summary, that stream will still be visible until the page is refreshed.
Viewing details for a finance summary node in a project places that item in the recently viewed list, and will subsequently throw an error if the users selects the bookmarked item.
Summary field titles are currently limited to 50 characters.
Key Capabilities Still to be Added
The following are capabilities still to be added to the Financial Summary feature based on initial requirements.
- Configure column visibility
- Reporting and rollups
- Configure budget as a lump sum amount or single total column
- Apply/copy over a Fin Summary structure to existing projects
The following we also hope to include based on beta feedback.
- "View As" another user, for permitted team members who normally cannot see cost data
- More granular permissions
- Fourth ETC/EAC option (ETC is all forecasts for current/future months, EAC is ETC + all actuals for prior/past months)
- Additional date range options