Legacy Dashboards vs New Dashboards (Beta) in the UI
Currently, new dashboards (Beta) are automatically available in sandboxes, where you can view the new dashboard module AND leave the legacy dashboards active. Remember users must have permission to view at least one dashboard in order to see the new Dashboard (Beta) in the navigation - easiest thing is to create a global permissions profile and grant at least Dashboards > View permission to the appropriate users/groups/units.
When both dashboard "modules" are active in your environment, you will see two dashboard navigation icons in the toolbar. Hover your cursor over each icon - you will see one labeled "Dashboards" (the legacy dashboards), and one labeled "Dashboards (Beta)" (the new dashboards). See the screenshot below:
The "Dashboards" icon will take you to the legacy dashboards UI; the "Dashboards (Beta)" icon will take you to the new dashboards UI.
When the new dashboards are available for use in production (while still Beta), we will leave the legacy dashboards active as well, unless you specifically ask us to disable them. If you have a sandbox, both the legacy and the new dashboards will be enabled by default - remember to set up the appropriate permissions to view Dashboards (Beta).
At some point in the future (with plenty of notice), the legacy dashboards will be deprecated.
- IE11 is not supported for Reports/Dashboards (Beta).
- Dashboard consumers must have permission on each report component in order to view the reports in the dashboard.
- Moving/resizing a report component does not enable undo/redo or save button. Workaround is to use Save & Run, or make a change to a variable setting.
- After deleting a report component, the report's boundary (white space) is maintained - if other reports were positioned below/beside the deleted report they do not move up to fill the space.
- Dragging a report component onto the Preview Pane using the "handle" control is not working. Suggest selecting the report and clicking Add, or double-click the report.
Key Capabilities Still to be Added
The following capabilities are still to be added. Note that at some point we will make new Dashboards Generally Available (GA) and not all of the capabilities below will be done. Any capabilities that have not been completed by GA will be converted to enhancements.
Dashboard Home and Project Overview sections
Export dashboard to PowerPoint
Export Dashboard to PDF and Excel
Publish dashboard with expiration handling
Customize publish notification including text to display in place of publish link
Access to previously published dashboards
Support for Rich Text Content (e.g., company logo) to be added to Dashboards as a widget