Each user who has permissions to make requests can create requests on the top level Requests list tab, or Home/Requests. See Request Rights for more information.
- Navigate to Requests (or Home/Requests).
- Click New and select the request type. If there are no request types available, your organization has not yet configured request types, or there are no request types that are available to you.
- Enter the required data on the request form.
- Enter any additional non-required data.
- Click Save.
The new request will appear in the list.
- Double-click the request to display the Request Information window, where you can edit, add notes and attachments, delete, and submit your requests.
Submitting a request
- Double-click the request to display the Request Information window.
- Click Submit.
You will be presented with the option to include a message along with your submission. All submission/approval messages are tracked on the Status tab for each Request.
Depending upon how a request type is configured, you may have the option to select the request approver when you submit your request. If the option is available, you can select a specific resource, or you can select ”r;All”, which will alert all of the approvers so that one can take ownership of, and approve or reject your request.
Once your request is submitted, it will pass through one or more approval gates until it is approved. Once approved, the request may result in the creation of an item (Account, Project, Task, or Issue). Your request can also be rejected or deleted by the request approver(s) as appropriate.
Request notes and attachments
Once you create the request, you can add notes and attachments by double-clicking the request to open the Request Information dialog, and then clicking the appropriate tab.