Planview migrated from Zendesk to Salesforce Service Cloud Community in May 2020. Here are some FAQs related to this migration. Also see the Planview Customer Community Guide, for information on the Service Cloud Community, Case Submission Process, Dashboards and Reporting.
1. When will the migration to Salesforce Service Cloud Customer Community occur?
The cut-over is scheduled for May 29 – 31, with a May 31 go-live at 5 pm Central Time. During the migration, you may submit cases (tickets) via the existing Support system until 7 pm Central Time on Friday, May 29, as the Zendesk system will be brought off-line at that time. The new Service Cloud Community will be accessible on Sunday, May 31, by 5 pm Central Time via https://support.planview.com.
2. Will all my open cases (tickets) migrate to the Customer Community?
Yes, all your open cases will be moved to the Customer Community and the existing Zendesk Ticket number will be added to the Community Case and visible to you via the new Customer Community. You will be able to search by the Zendesk Ticket number in Customer Community.
The Service Cloud Case number will not be the same as the existing Zendesk Ticket number.
3. Will all my closed cases migrate to the Customer Community?
No. We will be migrating all closed cases from January 1, 2018 forward. Closed cases from prior to January 1, 2018 will be internally accessible to Planview for historical reference.
4. How will I communicate on open cases after the migration?
Once the migration is complete, you will be able to access your open cases via the Service Cloud Community to add comments or attachments, close the case or review the case history.
5. How will I access the Salesforce Customer Community after the migration?
If you are an active, named contact in Zendesk today who is associated to a case submitted since January 1, 2018, you will receive an email that will prompt you to activate your account. You will be able to set your password for Community via the link provided. The URL for the Service Cloud Community will be https://support.planview.com.
6. Which of our Contacts will migrate to Service Cloud Community?
We will migrate over all Contacts associated to Cases submitted since January 1, 2018 (both open and closed).
7. Will there be a Knowledge Base in Community with Release Notes, White Papers etc.?
As part of this move, we have reviewed all the articles, videos, white papers etc. from the current Help Center and have loaded them into the Customer Success Center. We hope you find it easy to use. Please let us know your thoughts.
8. Will I be able to submit cases for all the Planview products in one place?
Yes. If you have multiple Planview products, you will be able to submit cases for all of them from the Service Cloud Community.
9. Will I be able to manage who has access to Service Cloud Community?
Yes. There are two profiles that can be assigned to a Community contact: Admin and User. All contacts will be set to have a default profile in Community of Admin on migration, which will allow you to add contacts and/or enable existing contacts for the Community.
10. Will I see all my company’s cases in one view?
Yes. By default, all contacts will be set to have an Admin profile in Community and will have visibility to see all the company cases. If you wish to move some of the Contacts to only see their own cases, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request that the contact’s profile is moved to Community User.
The ability to automatically add users to cases submitted by other company Admins will no longer be available, as everyone will see all cases by default.
11. Will the Chat feature change?
Yes. We will also be moving our chat feature to a new product, called LiveChat. Our targeted production date is May 29 for this to be implemented in release 4.4.6. The interface is very similar, with the only change being options appear at the top of the chat box. You can find a short article here. The chat feature will only be available from within the product, not from the new Customer Success Center. The hours of availability will not change, but once contact hours are over, you will not be able to submit a case from the chat feature, as with Zendesk.
12. What happened to the Delete a Site request form?
To streamline the process, we have removed the Delete a Site request form. Please continue to follow the process outlined in this article and put the word Delete in your case title.
13. Will I still receive semi-annual surveys?
No. After each case is closed, you will have the opportunity to complete a survey. Please use this feature to provide us your valuable feedback. We appreciate your past participation in the surveys.
14. Will the ticket priorities change?
Yes. This field will map to the Severity field in Salesforce and will be changed as part of the conversion process. When submitting new cases, you will be asked to complete either the Priority or Severity field, depending on the case type entered. For more information please see our Description of Support Services.
- Current Level 1 becomes Critical – The issue affects critical functionality or critical data. It does not have a workaround. Critical components or application areas are not functioning and business/decision-making is adversely affected. Ad-hoc Cloud Operations actions should not be classified as Critical severity.
- Current Level 2 becomes Major - The issue affects major functionality or major data. It may have a workaround but is not obvious and is difficult.
- Current Level 3 becomes Moderate - The issue affects minor functionality or non-critical data. It has an easy workaround.
- General Inquiry becomes Minor - The issue does not affect functionality or data. It does not even need a workaround. It does not impact productivity or efficiency. It is merely an inconvenience.
15. Will the Service Level Agreements change?
Yes. We will be moving to the Planview standard Service Level Targets (SLT) that are in place across all product lines. More information can be found in our Description of Support Services.
Urgent Within 30 minutes
High Within 1 hour
Moderate Within 2 hours
Minor Within 4 hours