This article provides information on managing time approval via mobile devices, and contains links to articles with instructions for doing so.
Sign in to access this How-to topic.
As a project manager or resource manager, you can use mobile devices to review pending requests for reserves, resource allocations, or lifecycle steps.
To use a mobile device to view information relevant to your pending approvals:
- Sign in to the Portfolio and Resource Management mobile site as described in Sign In to the Portfolio and Resource Management Mobile Site.
- Perform one of the following actions depending on what type of list you want to view (Figure 1).
- Tap Lifecycles to display a list of lifecycle steps awaiting your approval.
- Tap Resources. The Resources screen that appears lets you switch between displaying a list of your pending reserves and allocations by tapping Reserves or Allocations, respectively. The list of reserves is displayed by default.
To refine how a list is sorted, tap Sort and then tap the attribute by which you want to sort (Figures 2 and 3). To locate a particular item, either scroll to it or enter all or part of its name in the text box displayed above the list. Tapping removes the text you entered.
- To review additional information about a reserve, allocation, or lifecycle step, tap it. The information displayed for a reserve or allocation includes the name of the relevant work entity and a brief description of the requirement entered for that reserve or allocation. The information displayed for a lifecycle step includes the name of the item associated with the lifecycle, who performed the step, and when that action was done.
- If you want to display more details, follow these procedures:
- To display the hierarchy of the work entity associated with the reserve or allocation, tap the top button, which is the one displaying the work item’s name in black, bold text.
- To display assignment information relevant to the requirement entered for the reserve or allocation, tap the bottom button, which includes a brief description of the relevant requirement.
- To display the context of the item associated with the lifecycle, tap the top button, which displays the work item’s name in black, bold text. When viewing a support ticket, change, risk, or issue, the bottom entry that displays contains a description of that item prefaced by its type (i.e., ticket, change, risk, or issue). The associated work is displayed above an item, proceeding up the work breakdown structure hierarchy.
After performing any of the actions described above, you can return to the previous screen by tapping the Back button on your mobile device's browser. You can also return to the mobile site's main menu at any time by tapping the Home button Planview logo on the upper left of a screen.
Some mobile devices recognize a number as a phone number and display it as a link. If your mobile device has this capability, you can place a phone call to the requester by tapping the phone number displayed on the Requirement Details screen.