This best practice examines methods of measuring post-development performance from three perspectives: overall enterprise product performance, customer satisfaction, and market performance.
Enterprise Product Performance
Enterprise product performance measures assess the organization’s success over time in bringing products to market. This includes metrics such as:
- Percent of revenue from new products – both within a product line and across all products
- Percent of proposals won – product-specific and total (the trend can be assessed as well)
- Time-to-Market (TTM) trend – with a built-in curve to allow for some products being more complex than others
- Average break even time – by product line and total
- Profitability by product line and product
- Time on market before competitors
- Support costs (not only the cost factor, but as a measure of usability, installation, setup, etc.)
To read the full best practice beyond this abstract, you must be a PRISMS subscriber. See your Planview administrator for details.