This information provides an administrative overview of working with the Analytics and Reporting Portal. There are also links to specific keystroke steps.
Sign in to access this How-to topic.
Key Concepts and Best Practices
The Analytics and Reporting Portal (the portal) enables users to review different reporting content in a centralized location via dashboards. Content includes:
- Ad-hoc Analysis (Insight Analytics) views
- Report Builder content
- Scoreboard documents
Portal users can choose to access the portal from within Planview Enterprise, in Microsoft Outlook, or on their mobile devices.
Users can create reports to dynamically display data based on the selected portfolio. These reports can then be made available to other Planview Enterprise users by administrators as customized report tiles on the various ribbons. See Create or Modify a Customized Report Tile for details.
Reports can also be created with parameters to allow users to control the range of data they wish to see.
Dashboards can be published to other portal users individually or as a group.
Most users of Planview Enterprise view reports that have been enabled as report tiles on the various ribbons, and do not interact directly with the Analytics and Reporting Portal.
Note: Screenshots in this section are from Planview Enterprise 11.5. Portal content is the same in Planview Enterprise 12.
To learn more about the RPM Analytics reports see the RPM Analytics content. It contains information on the 100+ reports available to share with users.
Learn more about working with the Analytics and Reporting Portal
- Access the Analytics and Reporting Portal
- Set Global Options for the Portal
- Understand the Ad-hoc Analysis (Insight Analytics) Tab
- Understand the Analytics and Reporting Portal
- Understand the Analytics and Reporting Portal Dashboard Layout
- Understand the Analytics and Reporting Portal Maintenance Process
- View Dashboards in Microsoft Outlook
- View Dashboards with Mobile Devices